Re: Urgent please: fax to a fax-number, another one answers

> I thought what the modem echoes back should be prefixed with --> (as for =
> OK's)
> , not with <--.
>
> So I see Hfax tells the modem the number, but there's no aknowledgement =
> from
> the modem as regards to the fax number.

You are right that this was the outbound string, but, on reflection,
Hylafax turns off echo anyway, so you wouldn't expect an echo back,
and the timing indicates that a call was actually made.  I presume
that the <-- is generated at such a low level that it can be relied upon.