Re: your mail

On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 08:24:04AM -0500, Tom Tilque wrote:
> Is there a utility to merge 2 faxes or maybe 2 files of some other format.
> I am looking for this in order to overlay special forms over data from
> application programs.  We are currently using Digifax for our fax server and
> are looking for a replacement.  Digifax has a utility to do that.

To completely answer your question, I need to know a little more about
where your files are coming from.  Which client are you using to
generate your fax files?  Unix sendfax?  WHFC?  Or something else?

I presume you're trying to take raw data out of a report generator, and
make it look like a form?  Can your application generate text that
looks like postscript?

The easiest solution to this in the HylaFax/Postscript environment may
be a perl program that translates the application generated text into a
PS program that builds your form.

It depends on how much investment in the switchover is warranted.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592