Re: your mail

On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 01:17:13PM -0500, Tom Tilque wrote:
> Does Hylafax have anything like a phone directory to store phone numbers in
> along with a corresponding tag.   The reason I ask is that we are faxing out
> of applications and if 2 different applications send faxes to the same fax
> machine each application needs to store that phone number somewhere and if
> it ever changes it would need to be changed in both places instead of being
> changed in one central location .

"HylaFax", per se, neither has one, nor needs one.  The _client_
programs that work with HF, OTOH, can use a directory.  WHFC can use
ODBC to retrieve fax directory information from a database.  I don't
think sendfax knows how to do this.  It mightn't be too hard to hack
in, though.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592