Re: Merging images a la Digifax

I'm also migrating from Digifax to hylafax.  Since I had a large number
of legacy scripts for creating faxes and submitting them to the spooler,
all written for Digifax, I simply kept all that and wrote a wrapper
script to convert the Digifax 'faxsend' args to hylafax 'sendfax'
format.  (Easy to do; the names of the flags are different, that's about
it.)

Turns out hylafax is perfectly happy to accept the output of the Digifax
text2fax, faxmerge, etc.

BTW, I've found hylafax enormously reliable and efficient compared to
Digifax, and transmission times about 50% faster even on a Class 1 modem.

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Tom Tilque wrote:

> Is there a utility to merge 2 faxes or maybe 2 files of some other format.
> I am looking for this in order to overlay special forms over data from
> application programs.  We are currently using Digifax for our fax server and
> are looking for a replacement.  Digifax has a utility to do that.

Barry Wiseman
Genesis Software Designs, Inc.
18 E. 41 Street
New York, NY 10017