Re: Hylafax Init String?

> Apr 29 22:45:18 aquarium FaxSend[1150]: <-- [15:ATE0V1Q0S0=0H0\r]

These are amongst the most standardised of AT commands and are all
pretty inoccuous.  None relate to Class 2 operation:

E0 don't echo
V1 verbosity on - use text form of response messages
Q0 display response messages
S0=0 do not auto answer (answer after 0 rings)
H0 drop any call in progress

S0=0 is essential to the way that Hylafax (and mgetty) handle incoming calls,
and is so standard that any modem that doesn't understand it has to
be considered broken.

> Thanks in advance (I'm using the binary version v4.0pl2-31)

Whose version?  What operating system (NB say Red Hat 5.2, not Linux 2.0.x)?
Preferably, what patches have been applied relative to the canonical
source version 4.0pl2?  Please note that Linux is not the primary development
platform for Hylafax.