Hylafax

Hi,

I read on one of the web pages that I might be able to get some help with
Hylafax...

Is this still the case...? I've been looking at this for weeks with no
luck.. ( Yes I've read the man pages & the doco )

My problems may be related to not being able to compile the system properly
on a RedHat 5.2 Linux system.

So far I have done everything on the local machine & not tried using any
client server stuff.

Even if I use the precompiled binaries I still have trouble. I can run
sendfax manually & it accepts the job no worries. However when I run faxsend
it simply sits there for 30 seconds & does nothing...

Am I correct in saying that when I run sendfax it will drop a q file into
/var/spool/fax/sendq & when I run faxsend I should specify something like

/usr/local/sbin/faxsend -m ttyS0 /var/spool/fax/doneq/q1

After I run this what is meant to happen ? Should it fax...?

What log files will give me the best info & how can I clear the queue (
either with a script / program & also manually )

Thanks in advance

Tim Ballingall
Network Administrator
Mazda Australia Pty Limited

Mazda Australia takes every precaution to ensure email messages are virus free. For complete protection, you should virus test this message.