Re: faxaddmodem: Modem detection hangs and areacode check fails...

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Luca Maranzano wrote:

[snip]

> Why after talking to the modem and after the check at 38400 (which
> is successfull as you can see) the script hangs for some seconds
> and then reports this error? This happened also on another system
> (same version of hylafax recompiled from scratch and Rockwell modem).

Does a good config file get generated? If so, the problem with the
shell script is really just an annoyance. Under FreeBSD, the speed-probe
also runs amuck, but since a good config file comes out anyway, I
haven't bothered trying to find the problem.

> Another question, less important:
>
> It seems that I'm not able to satisfy the HylaFax check about
> the country code. I'm in Italy, (country code = 39), my area code
> is 010 and my number is 1234567, so the complete phone number
> should be: +39.010.1234567, isn't it?

It should be +39.10.1234567. The leading `0' in the area-code doesn't
get used.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
                      "Everything in excess, moderation is for monks!"