faxaddmodem: Modem detection hangs and areacode check fails...

Hello all,

my setup is:

Sys:  Pentium II 300Mhz, 128M RAM
Os:   Debian Linux 2.0 (frozen) w/ 2.0.33
Ver:  Hylafax-v4.0pl2, tiff 3.4 debianized
      from:
         hylafax-client_4.0.2-4.deb
         hylafax-doc_4.0.2-4.deb
         hylafax-server_4.0.2-4.deb

Modem: MultiTech MT1432BAI

During the setup the probing reports the following:

--[cut&paste]-----------------------------------------------------------------
Now we are going to probe the tty port to figure out the type
of modem that is attached.  This takes a few seconds, so be patient.
Note that if you do not have the modem cabled to the port, or the
modem is turned off, this may hang (just go and cable up the modem
or turn it on, or whatever).

Probing for best speed to talk to modem: 38400 OK.
[1]+  Terminated              ( trap 0 1 2 15; while true; do
    sleep 10; echo ""; echo "Hmm, something seems to be hung, check your modem eh?";
done )

Hmm, this looks like a Class 2 modem.
Modem manufacturer is "Multi-Tech Systems".
Modem model is "MT1432BAI".
-[cut&paste end]-------------------------------------------------

Why after talking to the modem and after the check at 38400 (which
is successfull as you can see) the script hangs for some seconds
and then reports this error? This happened also on another system
(same version of hylafax recompiled from scratch and Rockwell modem).

Another question, less important:

It seems that I'm not able to satisfy the HylaFax check about
the country code. I'm in Italy, (country code = 39), my area code
is 010 and my number is 1234567, so the complete phone number
should be: +39.010.1234567, isn't it?

During the faxaddmodem process instead I get the following error:

--[cut&paste]-------------------------------------------------------
Your facsimile phone number (+39.010.1234567) does not agree with your
country code (39) or area code (010).  The number
should be a fully qualified international dialing number of the form:

    +39 010 <local phone number>

Spaces, hyphens, and periods can be included for legibility.  For example,

    +39.010.555.1212

is a possible phone number (using your country and area codes).

The non-default server configuration parameters are:

CountryCode:            39
AreaCode:               010
FAXNumber:              +39.010.1234567
LongDistancePrefix:     0
InternationalPrefix:    00
DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules.europe
RingsBeforeAnswer:      1
SpeakerVolume:          off
LocalIdentifier:        InterBi Servizi srl
TagLineFormat:          "From %%l|%c|Page %%p of %%t"
MaxRecvPages:           25

Are these ok [yes]?

I'm even using the dialrules.europe.

Thank you in advance for any answers!