Special wish for "Distinctive Ring support"

Hello everybody,

i am new to this list so foregive me if i am asking something old i
have not found so far.

To my problem: I'm trying to use Hylafax 4.0pl1 with an external
ISDN-Adapter (ELSA TLV34/ISDN). Without any special configuration for
the modem everyting works fine (only a few changes to the
config-file). One nice function of the modem is that it can show the
phonenumber which it picked up. With that feature it will be possible
to realize fax-support for dedicated parties in our company with only
one modem. Sounds nice but has a big problem:

The modem can show that number either at RING-time or at
CONNECT-time. The string will look like this:

RING;CALLER-NUMBER;CALLED(MY)-NUMBER

or

CONNECT;CALLER-NUMBER;CALLED(MY)-NUMBER

When i tell the modem to do that, hylafax isn't answering the phone
anymore, because it doesn't look like RING anymore. So what can i do?

I am not afraid of changing the sourcecode but i need to know where
to look/change (not exactly the line but nearly what part...).

I read about "distinctive ring support". Is it possible to use that
feature for that?

Greetings

   Dirk Traenapp
--

N  N W   W  OO   Dirk Traenapp, (Sysadmin / Postmaster)
NN N W   W O  O  NWO, Zum Oelhafen 207, 26384 Wilhelmshaven, Germany