Re: adaptive answer with hylafax 4.0pl2 on linux 2.0.33 with hayes accura v.34

On Fri, 22 May 1998, John McDonald wrote:

[next time, please reply to the list and not to me directly]

> On Fri, 22 May 1998 12:09:43 +1200 (NZST), Jonathan Chen wrote:
>
> >In your port's config file:
> >
> >    #
> >    # Fix data rate at 38400, h/w flow control
> >    ModemRate:                  38400
> >    ModemFlowControl:			rstcts
> >
> >    #
> >    # Change to 19200 with s/w flow-control for faxes
> >    ModemAnswerFaxBeginCmd:     "<19200><xon>"
>
> I tried this...  it accepts data calls fine, but hangs up as soon as a fax
> connects.  What exactly is "<19200><xon>" ?  Does HylaFax interpret this or
> is that supposed to be a command for the modem?

The comment prior to that describes it exactly. The config(4) man-page
provides more details.

> thanks for your response.  any further assistance you can provide will be
> appreciated.

That should have done it actually, you need to post your config file
to the mailing list, as well as your syslogd traces.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
                      "Everything in excess, moderation is for monks!"