Re: faxmail question

If you put the attached script (+x executable) in
/usr/local/sbin/faxmail/application/postscript, it will put the graphic
full size on the next page. What you describe is a known er... feature of
faxmail.

Ben

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, R.I.Pienaar wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Nico Garcia wrote:
>
> > If that's the one I think it is, throw that thing *OUT*. It was
> > prepared by a HylaFAX enthusiast before 5.0 hit the market and will
> > not work properly with that OS.
>
> strangely enough the hylafax works just fine, my sendmail also works fine,
> after i modified the procedure a bit,  I have tried on a self compiled
> hylafax aswell (one with your patches) and when i take the email (just
> saved it to a file, all headers in tact) and `cat email| faxmail` then the
> resulting .ps file is a mess.
>
> if you want to see an example of what i mean have a look at
> http://mail.nafex.com/doc9.ps
>
> so basicly my sendmail setup is just fine, something is funny on faxmail,
> the redhat rpm one, and one that i compiled myself (the second is on a
> redhat 4.2 machine)
>
> thanks for the help.
>
> ----
> R.I. Pienaar  rip@nephilim.ml.org    http://www.nephilim.ml.org
> Raven on irc                         http://www.nephilim.ml.org/pgpkey
>
>         "/earth is 98% full ... please delete anyone you can."

#!/usr/bin/perl
#
# This file needs to be called:
# /usr/local/sbin/faxmail/application/postscript
# and have the +x bit set.
#
# Script to work with Hylafax's faxmail.
# It attempts to blow up attached postscript to full size on
# the next page, instead of shrinking it to 5% on page one
# which is the default in faxmail.
#
# Your mileage will definitely vary. It is very stupid.
# Seems to work with golfer.ps, tiger.ps and escher.ps in the
# ghostscript/3.33/examples directory
#
# Ben Parker <ben@dha.unon.org> Dec 97
#
#

open (TEMP, "$ARGV[0]") || die "$ARGV[0] file not found.\n";
print STDERR "$ARGV[0] opened ...\n";
print "showpage\n";
while (<TEMP>) {
	if ($_ =~ "EndProlog") {