Re: sendpage hangs

Rex Fowler wrote:

    I'm having some problem with alpha paging.  The environment is

    Solaris 2.4
    hylafax version hylafax-v4.0pl1

    sendpage is hanging apparently right after the 'SEND' command.
    I'm guessing it has something to do with reading or writing to the FIFO
    but I'm unsure.

    Here's a sample telnet sesion with port 444

    raptor 956$ telnet localhost 444
    Trying 127.0.0.1 ...
    Connected to localhost.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    220 raptor.mtc.ti.com SNPP server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.0pl1) ready.
    login rmfowler
    230 User rmfowler logged in.
    page rex
    500 PAFE: Command not recognized.
    page rex
    250 Pager ID accepted; provider: xxxyyyy pin: wwwzzzz jobid: 40.
    mess testing telnet
    250 Message text OK.
    send
    250 Message processing completed.

    There is a few minute delay before the '250 Message processing completed'

If you don't use the "-q" flag of sendpage(1) (or don't use
the "SITE JQUEUE yes" command in the protocol session with
telnet) the sendpage(1) will wait for the job delivery to
the paging central service. This may take some time (modem
dialing and handshaking, error situations etc.).

Look into a session log with "tail -f ....." to see what's
going on during page delivery.

    If I interrupt it, I can then use 'pagesend' to send the message
    successfully.

    Any ideas of what I can look or if there's more information I can give you.
    Since pagesend works, I believe the modem and serial port are setup ok.
    The problem seems to be communication between hfaxd and faxq.

Don't think so but you may look into the servertracing with
enabled trace for the FIFO messages (0x04000).

	matthias

    They 2 processed do share a FIFO, correct?  From what I can tell,
    another FIFO per device is created when using faxgetty, which I'm not
    currently.

    Thanks,

    --
    Rex Fowler              http://www.mtc.ti.com/~rmfowler