Re: sendpage hangs

I wrote:

>     I'm having some problem with alpha paging.  The environment is
>
>     Solaris 2.4
>     hylafax version hylafax-v4.0pl1
>
>     sendpage is hanging apparently right after the 'SEND' command.
>     I'm guessing it has something to do with reading or writing to the FIFO
>     but I'm unsure.

The same thing happens with sendpage and sendfax, they timeout and fail.

If I run
	pagesend -m cua_b doneq/q47
	faxsend -m cua_b doneq/q46
they succeed.

So the problem seems to be with faxq and hfaxd processes communicating.

I should have mentioned that I've tried the -q and sendpage will return
immediately but the message is never delivered and no session logs
are created.  It never gets as far as trying to initialize and
dial the modem.   Are there any FIFO peculiarities in Solaris
besides what configure tried to figure out?  I have compiled with and
without the "FIFO bug" option for Solaris and get the same results.

Thanks for any tips,