Re: [hylafax-users] notify

"Lee Howard" <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

A note to any HylaFAX client developers out there...

These are the kinds of conclusions and feedback that I get back every time I try deploying a fax client. In fine, "Why is this darn thing asking me for anything more than the fax number?"

That has also been our experience. The KISS principle rules.

The philosophy behind HylaFSP was to create a simple, send-only client which, although not free and so possibly not an attractive option to many, does support things like HylaFAX's notification preferences, job priorities, modem grounds etc. And it does so from an unobtrusive control panel, not a complicated GUI that the user is continuously forced to interact with.

There's lots you can't do with HylaFSP. But usually it's only the geeks among us that miss that stuff ;-)

-Darren