Re: [hylafax-users] Use2D on Solaris with Hylafax 4.2.1

* Roberts-Thomson, James <James.Roberts-Thomson@xxxxxxxxxx> [050921 17:34]:

> Would the list like to suggest a better PCI multi-port card for use in Sun
> Solaris hardware (i.e. must have proper Solaris driver support!) ?

Sorry - my experience with Solaris has been limited to T1/PRI cards.

> >If you need to disable 2-D MR/MMR, you will need to disable the software
> RTFCC.
>
> OK, not obvious to my mind, but thanks, will try this.

Right - Use2D controls how faxq prepares the documents.  In the 4.2
work, support for software RTFCC was added to faxsend, to allow it to
take a document in whatever format and send it.  Most Class2 modems have
always had that, but now faxsend can do it too.

> >And if the problem isn't with all receivers, but just a particular number
> >you can set these in destctrls to only disable 2D-MR/MMR for a particular
> >receiver.
>
> Well, it worked OK with HylaFAX 4.1.8 on the same receiving machine.....

Did it work without "Use2D: no", or did you always need "Use2D: no" with
4.1.8 as well?

If you needed "Use2D: no" with 4.1.8, then it seems to indicate a problem
with 2D MR/MMR has always existed (at least with that particular
receiver), but the enabled RTFCC in the 4.2 is causing 2D to be used,
even if faxq has prepared the job in 1D MH.  Disabling it should give
you the same behaviour as 4.1.8 did, using the format faxq prepares.

> Anyway, thanks for the help, and will see how far I get now.

Great!

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103