Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax save filed as group 60002

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Lee Howard wrote:

Stephen Carville wrote:

I am trying to get hylafax to save the .ps files in /var/spool/hyafax/docq as a different group than 60002 but I am having no luck at all. I even recompiled after setting FAXGID in configure to apache with no luck. I need to give some users in customer service access to the orginal postscript via a web browser and the way hylafax save the files by default forbids anyone but root or uucp from reading them.

There has to be a way to do this... Any ideas?

Rather than trying to subvert and defeat what HylaFAX is trying to do, why not work with it? Make apache part of the 60002 group. In your /etc/group add a line:

thisgroupname:x:60002:apache

Jeez! (sound of palm slapping forehard).

Of course that is the solution. thank you...

--
Stephen