Re: [hylafax-users] DCN when sending 60 page fax to Canon fax machine

Jack Liu wrote:

Thanks for your response. We've sent 100 page faxes to them before
with our brother fax machine without a problem. This appears to be
related to either hylafax, the modem, or both. Generally speaking,
the Canon may simply not communicate well with my hylafax/modem
combination.

"Not communicating well" will not result in the receiver sending a DCN signal.

The DCN signal by a receiver is a deliberate act to terminate fax communication.

So if you can get 30 pages through just fine, then you can count on there not being any "not communicating well" problems.

If the DCN is not being triggered by page-count or other factors on the receive-side, then it could indicate that something is awry with your page 40 or 41 (or whatever page it is that it fails on). Receivers will sometimes send DCN when they detect corrupt T.4 or T.6 data. Since you're usine ECM you can trust that if this is the case then the corrupt data originated with the document preparer/converter (typically Ghostscript). Try a completely different 50-page document. If it gets through fine then it could very well be something wrong with how the preparer/converter prepared that problematic page. If that's the case, then maybe you could try varying the session parameters of the fax, starting with the data format (compression).

Canons are rather fussy fax machines... but usually they're fussy for a valid reason.

Lee.