Re: [hylafax-users] Faxgetty not installed.

I am still having some problems. I've looked everywhere and am unable to find Faxgetty in any of the process lists. I am probably looking in the wrong place.. the Hylafax manual doesn't say much about faxgetty, so i don't know if it takes any arguments... I admit I am still earning all the commands for this os, and Thanks alot for your patience with me. I am still getting a deduce-speed error when trying probemodem, apparently something is holding open the modem. But I have been unable to try Lees sudgestion.. how do you stop faxgetty?

Lee Howard wrote:

Jeff Schulze wrote:

HylaFAX scheduler on solpiena.pointclark.net: Running
Modem ttyLT0 (+1.512.926.****): Initializing server

Forever. Could it be I added Faxgetty wrong? I followed the instructions explicitly, but I don't see faxgetty in the active processes.. Although if I run: 'faxgetty ttyLT0' manually from root, i will get instead:

HylaFAX scheduler on solpiena.pointclark.net: Running
Modem ttyLT0 (+1.512.926.****): Waiting for modem to come ready

also forever. Any sudgestions?

Stop faxgetty and run 'faxaddmodem ttyLT0'. Then restart faxgetty. If faxaddmodem doesn't pick up the lucent prototype configuration file then send the output of 'probemodem ttyLT0' here.

Lee.