Re: [hylafax-users] Extra Long Received Pages on Some Faxes

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Mike McMullen wrote:

> I notice on some faxes that we receive that the
> page length is double what it should be. For example,
> a letter size document's length will be 22 inches instead
> of 11.

The way that the tiff2pdf script works, using ps2pdf, we can only use one
page size.  So the largest page size in the TIFF is used as the page size
for all pages.  So if you have one page in the fax that is twice as long
(say the page-feed fax sender sucked in two pages at once), then all pages
will be formatted at that size.

If you upgrade libtiff to 3.6.0 or newer, it comes with its own tiff2pdf
which works much better and faster.  Current HylaFAX CVS HEAD will use
libtiff's tiff2pdf before the tiff2pdf script, if it is available.
(faxsetup must be re-run.)

Lee.