Re: [hylafax-users] if your email notification does not work...

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:43:32 -0500, Gary Lucy <glucy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Same issue both times.  cat: write error: broken pipe
>This is driving me crazy.  Is there a way that I can pipe what is
>supposed to be sent through sendmail to a log file?  For instance where
>the line is
>) | 2>&1 $SENDMAIL -t -oi
>Could I use this
>) | 2>&1 /tmp/logfile.txt

Are you saying that if you do "bin/notify ..." manually as root it works,
while manually as uucp you get an error?
I'd ask debian to see if there's some kind of security policy on the
sendmail binary about this.

You can output to a logfile like this:
) | 2>&1 cat -  >> /tmp/logfile.txt

--