Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax and Comtrol RocketModemIII

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 11:26 -0800, Lee Howard wrote:
<snip>
> In any case, I reported all of these problems to Comtrol, we e-mailed
> back and forth a bit with various testing, and in the end it seems like
> the fix needed to come from the DSP.  After about 3 months, maybe more,
> I did get some new firmware to test, but the problems didn't go away.
> So, as it looked like it was going to take an extremely long time to
> get it things fixed, I replaced the RMIII and Hayes with a RocketModem
> II, and I haven't had any problems since then.

Thanks very much for your informative and super fast reply- I really
appreciate it (as does my customer :)

As what I feared seems to be the case, and this is a fairly
deep-in-the-firmware Modem issue, I sent a follow up to my post on the
Comtrol forum that included your response, with a polite inquiry about a
timeframe for a fix.  I also mentioned that without said fix in a prompt
manner (like, days, not weeks or months), I would be demanding a refund
of my purchase of the RMIII board.  Here's hoping we get a fix sooner
than later...  I'm hoping that my post will result in a few "me too"
posts and Comtrol will be essentially forced to lean on Conexant (whom
we all love and adore in the Linux world... not) and get the issue
resolved.

Thanks again,
Rubin

--
Rubin Bennett
RB Technologies

temporary security deserve neither liberty nor safety"
  --Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759