Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax and c2faxsend (TIFF problem)

Hi,

I'm having problems sending faxes with Hylafax using c2faxsend (and have
found a report from someone else with a similar problem). It is possible
to send faxes with c2faxsend in "standalone" mode, but it does not work
with hylafax queue files (unless 2-D MR is turned off).
I'm using an AVM A1 PCI ISDN card (the other person with the same
problem was using an AVM B1).
Two questions:
- - Has someone experienced a similar problem as the one described below?
- - Any idea how to correctly contact the authors of capi4hylafax?

But I cannot send faxes using Hylafax when using c2faxsend as SendFaxCmd
(receiving faxes works fine).
sendfax -f TIFF -d 5072944 /tmp/fritz_pic.tif

Did you try without "-f"? sendfax should recognize the tiff-file automaticly.

some basic questions:

- is c2faxrecv running? (a must with hylafax)
- can you tell more explicitly what is going wrong after "sendfax ..."
 e.g. does the job get sent and fails, it never gets sent ...
- anything in the system log ?
- did you use the faxCAPI-file or told faxsetup to use /dev/faxCAPI?

But this still only solves one part of my problem:
The exit status is still 2. The fax is now sent successfully, but
Hylafax thinks it did not work an resends the fax. I tried writing a
shell wrapper which simply sets the exit code to 0 (if it's 2), but that
is not good enough. I suppose c2faxsend communicates with the Hylafax
queue runner and tells it something went wrong (using a FIFO?), right?

The communication runs via the q-file.

--
holger