[hylafax-users] ISDN-BRI vs Analog DID: Hardware recomendations / Automatic routing

Greetings list,

I've been using hylafax now for close to a year and it have been very reliable and I am very happy with it.  My current setup has 2 analog modems with 2 analog phone lines.  Incoming faxes are sent to a designated person who manually routes the fax to its intended recipient.  I'm currently looking at an analog DID line so that each person can have their own fax number.  I understand that hylafax can capture the DiD information and treat it as CID which it uses to route the fax.  This solution although it works has some limitations, for instance, I cannot use the analog DID line to make out going calls (send faxes), my telco sells phone numbers in blocks of 30(I only need 20) and charge for each number.

These limitations forced me to look at ISDN-BRI service which instead of DID uses DNIS to identify the dialed number.  I like the fact that with an ISDN-BRI line I can send and receive 2 calls at a time.  I'm not clear tho if this setup is supported by Hylafax, and can I get 20 phone numbers to come in on this type of line? I gathered all this information from the mailing list but after reading so many messages I found alot of contradictions regarding ISDN-BRI hardware for Linux.  Some of the posts were old and talked about drivers that corrupted a Linux hard drive, others mentioned older kernels and older versions of Hylafax, so I don't know if that information still applies.

My question is then, what should I look for in an ISDN-BRI board? (protocols/interfaces)
Which boards work with Linux+Hylafax?
Is there any board that stands out as either "the most cost effective" or "most stable/compatible"?

Also, do I have any other options for automatic routing of faxes?

Finally, I would like to apologize for the long winded post, I just want to verify with the list that my understanding of these technologies is correct.

Thank you,

-steve