Re: [hylafax-users] ISDN-BRI vs Analog DID: Hardware recomendations / Automatic routing

Am 19. Jan 2005 um 18:40 Uhr schrieb Steve Melo:
I like the fact that with an ISDN-BRI line I can send and receive 2 calls at a time.  I'm not clear tho if this setup is supported by Hylafax, and can I get 20 phone numbers to come in on this type of line?

There are two kinds of ISDN BRI:

PTMP (Point to Multi-Point) lines, these are the usual ones; they support several devices on the S0 bus. You get a set of phone numbers (MSNs), up to 10 IIRC.

PTP (Point to Point): As the name implies, you can hook up only one device, which is usually a PBX, but could be a phone or a PCI ISDN card, as long as it supports PTP lines. The line is assigned a single number prefix, you can then define extensions arbitrarily.

However, I know pretty much nothing about suitable hardware for Linux.

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Flothow
sebastian@xxxxxxxxxx

Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.