Re: [hylafax-users] ISDN-BRI vs Analog DID: Hardware recomendations / Automatic routing

Am 2005.01.19 18:40 schrieb(en) Steve Melo:
I like the fact that with an ISDN-BRI line I can send and receive 2 calls at a time. I'm not clear tho if this setup is supported by Hylafax, and can I get 20 phone numbers to come in on this type of line?

Hello Steve,

I live in Germany, so it might be different in your region. Here you can get 10 numbers per BRI, that means you would need 2 BRI lines.

My question is then, what should I look for in an ISDN-BRI board?
(protocols/interfaces)
Which boards work with Linux+Hylafax?

Probably you should look for an "active" card, especially if you want to receive two faxes simultaneously.

If the card has a CAPI driver you can use capi4hylafax. If not, the manufacturer has to supply a specific driver for hylafax or a driver which simulates the interface of a faxmodem.

Bodo