Re: [hylafax-users] DID Answering Questions

The external modems I am familiar with have a volume dial somewhere on them, and also a dip switch. I think if it is turned down at the modem itself, or turned off via the dip switch, no amount of settings in a config file will help.

Wendell Dingus wrote:

So, any suggestions? After setting the modem speaker volume on successfully an
incoming call still produces no audible sound. From a phone handset if I dial
the DID/Fax number I hear it answering. I do not however hear the sound of an
incoming fax call while standing beside the DID modem. Speaker set on and
volume set to high per below settings. Am I doing something wrong in setting
the volume or is this indicative of wiring or telco problems?

Thanks in advance!