Re: [hylafax-users] Does hylafax require exclusive access to the device

Hi Bodo,

> > This is required to access the modem to read stored faxes. Is this
> > maybe the problem for hylafax?
>
> How do you read the stored faxes?

There is a KDE-1 Program called kmessagemodem, which is used to access the
modem memory. It is started only if required, means if a message is in the
modem.

> Is reading a stored fax different from receiving a fax when the
> computer is online?

No, as in both cases the message is stored in the modem and then retrrieved.

> Do you read stored faxes on system startup?

No.

> Maybe the program blocks the modem when hylafax tries to initialize it
> and hylafax thinks it cannot use this modem?

Even if I dont read faxes with kmessagemodem before sending a fax, hylafax
does not send faxes immediately.

Thx
Max

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Top-Spielfilme auf DVD
++ Jetzt kostenlos testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++