Re: [hylafax-users] Defining the MaxDials Parameter hylafax-4.2.0-1rh7 (RH7.3)

Hi,

I finally figured this out. In my original message I should nhave explained that I only use sendfax.

sendfax reads a config file called /etc/hylafax/sendfax.conf

So

echo "MaxDials: 24" > /etc/hylafax/sendfax.conf

Bingo Hylafax now tries to dial a remote fax 24 times before aborting the job....

Shaun

Hi,

I would like HylaFax to make 24 attempts to send a
fax, but currently it will not make more than 12 attempts. Here is my
config file:

/etc/hylafax/etc/config
LogFacility: local2
CountryCode: 31
AreaCode: 20
LongDistancePrefix: 0
InternationalPrefix: 00
DialStringRules: etc/dialrules
ServerTracing: 1
SessionTracing: 0x4f
NoCarrierRetrys: 3 # retry 3
times on no carrier
MaxDials: 24 # Redial 24
times before discarding fax
MaxTries: 6 # Attempt to
send fax 6 times

Is MaxDials defined in another config file?