Re: [hylafax-users] faxCAPI

Am 2004.11.04 13:48 schrieb(en) Dominik Bethke:

I solved my own problem by changing the right to 0666 in /dev/capi20.

faxgetty running but c2faxrecv gives this message

CapiFaxRecv: CAPI not installed, started or have no access rights on it!

Hello Dominik,

some hylafax versions don't set the supplementory groups when switching to the configured user ID.

The hylafax user (uucp?) probably is a member of the group (dialout?) which owns /dev/capi20, so he should have acces to the device file. If hylafax does not set the supplementary groups, the process accessing the device does not have the necessary group membership.

Maybe you experienced this bug on your system.
(Current Debian packages include a patch which fixes this bug but that does not help on a SuSE system.)

Bodo