Re: [hylafax-users] faxCAPI

Am 2004.11.02 16:29 schrieb(en) Dominik Bethke:

My log says:
Nov 2 16:08:29 faxserver FaxQueuer[12605]: MODEM /dev/faxCAPI appears to be wedged
Nov 2 16:08:29 faxserver FaxQueuer[12605]: MODEM WEDGED: bin/wedged "faxCAPI" "/dev/faxCAPI"

This error "MODEM /dev/faxCAPI appears to be wedged" occurs when a faxgetty is running. Faxgetty tries to initialize a modem on /dev/ faxCAPI which does not work. (There may be other reasons for this error.) Make sure you do not start a faxgetty process for /dev/faxCAPI in inittab or in any startup script.
Since I have Debian I cannot give specific advise for your system.

Maybe you will get more messages if you set ServerTracing to a higher value and restart hylafax. I think it's a bit array. I once set it to ServerTracing: 0x03FFFF from the default 0x08501.

When I configure my system to start a faxgetty, I get the same error and some other messages telling me about errors in config.faxCAPI because this file has a syntax different from modem configuration files used by faxgetty.

You should also check if you have c2faxrecv processes running.

but I do not have a capi4hylafax log,but there is a capisuite.error that says
Mon Nov 1 11:21:23 2004 CapiSuite 0xbffff560: CapiSuite 0.4.3 started.

If I understood correct, you use capi4hylafax. I don't know if capisuite can be used for hylafax.

Bodo