Re: [hylafax-users] capi4hylafax (again) take 2 :)

Gavin,

The status is normal. I don't think it changes when sending a fax. The integration is not 100% with capi4hylafax.

To get a better idea of what is happening edit your config.faxCAPI and make sure you have the following lines:

LogFile:	/tmp/capifax.log
LogTraceLevel:	4

You can then see what is happening during transmission and reception. There's not a huge amount of info but you can at least post any peculiarities and hope someone knows how to handle them.

One thing I can suggest is, and this works with AVM B1 cards...try getting the latest firmware. You might be amazed how old the firmware you have running often is. Also, disable anything you can for maximum capability.

Gavin Hamill wrote:
OK, CAPI seems to be working properly now, and HylaFAX is correctly queueing and sending jobs, but I am still experiencing problems... the first one is cosmetic...

When a job is being sent, I see this output for 'faxstat -s'

qax:~# faxstat -s
HylaFAX scheduler on localhost.localdomain: Running
Modem faxCAPI (+44.161.835.2301): Running and idle

JID  Pri S  Owner Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status
12   127 R    gdh 8399336       0:2   1:12         Sending job

Is this correct operation? Should the 'Running and idle' summary for faxCAPI not be set to 'Sending job 12' as my other Hylafax all-analogue setup does?

Secondly, I'm having a more serious problem with 'c2faxsend' - the 2-page fax sends and prints perfectly on the remote fax machine save for two problems

1. the Fax machine beeps at the end of reception and shows "Comm. Error" on the LCD
2. the 'c2faxsend' process does not exit - I left it for 5 minutes before having to to kill it manually.

We have a Brother MFC-3220C fax and an Eicon DIVA Server 4BRI-8M card... I see a lot of options in its 'divactrl' application relating to fax sending:

  -FaxOptions         : bitfield, controls fax options
                        0x0000 - default
                        0x0001 - disable fine resolution
                        0x0002 - disable ECM
                        0x0004 - ECM 64 Bytes
                        0x0008 - disable 2D coding
                        0x0010 - disable T.6 coding
                        0x0020 - disable uncompressed
                        0x0040 - refuse polling
                        0x0080 - hide total pages
                        0x0100 - hide all headline

I just wondered if anyone had previous experience before I start working through these options ?

Any ideas would be warmly received! :)

Cheers,
Gavin.