Re: [hylafax-users] capi4hylafax (again) take 2 :)

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 09:07, Bodo Meissner wrote:

> No. capi4hylafax does not emulate a modem. I think c2faxrecv runs
> independently from hylafax and does the receiving on it's own. It
> creates FIFO.faxCAPI and uses FIFO in /var/spool/hylafax to communicate
> with hylafax.

Right, so it talks HylaFAX's own internal protocol - that makes more sense :)

> For sending the program c2faxsend completely replaces the program
> normally used by hylafax.

Yes.

> Did you try "faxstat" after disabling faxgetty?

I did - but I've found the cause of the problem - 'capiinfo' is no longer
reporting several pages of ISDN capabilities - just "capi not installed - No
such device or address (6)"  but I don't know what's changed since all the
drivers are still loaded OK ...

Anyway, this is outside the scope of HylaFAX so I'll be quiet now - thanks for
the replies! :)

Cheers,
Gavin.