Re: [hylafax-users] ISDN fax - AVM

Am 2004.10.15 12:03 schrieb(en) Oscar I. del Rey:

Bodo Meissner wrote:

I repeat the question from my previous post:
  Is faxgetty running?

No #ps -ef | grep -i fax root 1102 1044 0 08:38 pts/2 00:00:00 grep -i fax

So there is no hylafax related process running.

Exactly and I don't have any script that runs faxgetty
faxgetty in /etc/inittab is commented

Please, repeat the ps command when you have started capi4hylafax and hylafax.

Which Linux distribution do you use?

RedHat 7.3

Which versions of hylafax, capi4hylafax, capi4linux did you install?

capi4hylafax-01.02.02 capi4k-utils-2004-10-06.tar.gz

Binary packages or compiled from source?

I have tried from source and from binary with no good results I think that the problem is the card is AVM model A1, it could be?

Sorry, I cannot give specific help for RedHat.
I wanted to look at the packages but I did not find hylafax or capi4hylafax packages for RedHat.

You can set a higher debug level for hylafax in your hylafax config file. Insert this as the first line:

ServerTracing: 0x03FFFF

(On my system the default was 0x08501.)

With this setting you should get a lot of messages from hylafax in syslog. If you don't see what's going wrong, please, send the Hylafax messages from your syslog.

Bodo