Re: [hylafax-users] ISDN fax - AVM

Am 2004.10.14 16:43 schrieb(en) Oscar I. del Rey:

1.- With this card it is possible to get the caller id?

Hello Oscar,

the card should know the caller ID (if the caller does not use CLIR), but I don't know how to get this into hylafax. This might require changes to c2faxrecv.

capi4hylafax provides an additional command line argument to faxrcvd which is the called number (MSN or DID).

2.- I had installed it in my linux box successfully, but I can't startthe hylafax service. This is my log when I try to start hylafax:
MODEM WEDGED: bin/wedged "faxCAPI" "/dev/faxCAPI"
and I have this symbolic link in /dev
/dev/faxCAPI -> /dev/capi20

I don't know if this link is useful for anything. It works without such a link on my system.

Do you use faxgetty?
I think you have to use faxmodem because all incoming faxes are processed by c2faxrecv.

Bodo