Re: [hylafax-users] ISDN fax - AVM

Am 2004.10.14 18:25 schrieb(en) Oscar I. del Rey:

P.S: AVM is installed  and when I try to start
/usr/local/bin/ c2faxrecv -->
FaxQueuer[24767]: MODEM /dev/faxCAPI appears to be wedged
FaxQueuer[24767]: MODEM WEDGED: bin/wedged "faxCAPI" "/dev/faxCAPI"

This error message is not printed by c2faxrecv but faxq.

I repeat the question from my previous post:
  Is faxgetty running?

On my Debian system I have a file /etc/default/hylafax with a setting "USE_FAXGETTY=no" (= do not start faxgetty) other possible values are "yes" (= hylafax scripts will start faxgetty) and "init" (= faxgetty is started by init). This must be "USE_FAXGETTY=no" because faxgetty does not work with CAPI. It's function is replaced by c2faxrecv.

When I set "USE_FAXGETTY=yes" and restart hylafax I get exactly these error messages:

FaxQueuer[4968]: MODEM /dev/faxCAPI appears to be wedged
FaxQueuer[4968]: MODEM WEDGED: bin/wedged "faxCAPI" "/dev/faxCAPI"

You have to make sure that no faxgetty process is started for faxCAPI neither in /etc/inittab nor in a hylafax startup script.

If no faxgetty process is running, please, tell us more details about your system.
Which Linux distribution do you use?
Which versions of hylafax, capi4hylafax, capi4linux did you install?
Binary packages or compiled from source?

Bodo