Re: [hylafax-users] x Lee H. : Is it worth ?

> My experience is same...
> Multitech 1432 working great for almost 1 year on my office!
> I just went there to de-dust it! No hang at all!

Yes... I imagine my Multitech will continuing to provide flawless service
for another decade or more.

> I was a bit scare to upgrade to 4.2.0 because 4.1.8 it was already
> perfect !

I am stuck on 4.1.7 until I can isolate what all of my changes to the
various faxmail/job submission codepaths into a patch or something.

The normal HylaFAX faxmail stuff is close, but not quite useable as-is,
particularly in the way attachments are handled.

I have it working the way I want, but alas, the pace of development was too
fast to make an orderly account of all of my changes. :(

> Sometimes happens stranges things.
> Previously I was using 2 Zyxel 2864 and they work so so...
> (either Class 1 -or- Class 2.0)
> Most of the remote sending fax cannot connect (phase B error).

ARGH, I hate these types of problems, because you have to bother other
people to resend things to test out changes to your configuration. :( :(

> Now I'm trying to make a ISI-Card 5634/PCI/4ports v92 (4.28 firmware) to
> work on a BSD but no way out 'cause no driver available for FreeBSD for
> this internal PCI card!

YUCK.

> Anyway I will try these 1496 before to move to Multitech.
> I like challenges!

Good for you, Paolo.

Seeing your name reminds me of the lovely times I've spent in Italy (Roma).
 I miss Italy very much, and hope to visit Firenze and Emilia-Romagna next.
 But this time, for an entire summer rather than just 3-4 weeks.

=R=