Re: [hylafax-users] Problems with typerules onHylaFAX 4.2.0-1rh7 under Linux RedHat 7.3

On 2004.09.07 09:14 Shaun McCullagh wrote:

I would like to send Email messages from a mail client to a HylaFax Server for FAX transmission.
The body of these messages is always formatted in HTML. What is the correct way to do this, should I be using html2ps?

You'll need to write a "faxmail replacement" that accepts mail from your MTA and then submits it to hfaxd (e.g. scripted sendfax). This isn't hard to do. You can find a procmail example on the HylaFAX HOWTO.

You'll need to teach that process how to handle your HTML. Whether you use html2ps or whatever, it doesn't matter, but in the end you'll need to submit TIFF, PDF, or PostScript to hfaxd. If you look in the recent archives you will find others who have altered typerules (for sendfax) to use html2ps when dealing with HTML parts.

Lee.