Re: [hylafax-users] Problems running whfc via putty - tunnel

I´ve set up putty to tunnel the traffic on localhost (127.0.01) to the
linux box (L:4559 debian.wg:4559).

in fact, "PASSIVE" is already activated. There is another way of
transferring the data: you can obviously try to use the hylafax -
internal ftp - programm (see doku of whfc). But that didnt work,
either.

Did you forward the other ports FTP is using too? I don't know what they are off hand, but you'll have to forward more than 4559.

Assuming the hylafax machine is on the public internet, I would assume that since hylafax thinks 4559 is on the localhost (because of the port forwarding) and the port ftp ends up using is coming through the public internet, the connect fails. I've never tested that, but I think its a reasonable assumption. Either forward everything or forward nothing.

--
Steven Kurylo