Re: [hylafax-users] distinctive ring?

On Sunday 08 August 2004 11:06, Kirk wrote:
> I'm new to Hylafax and the list and have spent the past few days reading
> the archives and setup instructions and am still having some trouble
> getting my modem and hylafax to answer *only* the distinctive ring which I
> have setup on my phone line.  I'm assuming all I have to do is to enable
> the modem to use distinctive ring (AT -SDR=7) and hylafax to listen for it
> (in
> ~/etc/config.ttyS1 I use ... RingFax: RING2 ...).  But it still doesn't
> work and hylafax picks up all incoming calls.  I really just want it to
What kind of modem?  It may be sending DRON/DROFF codes instead of RING1,
RING2, etc.  Check your modem manual and/or test output on serial port with
minicom while line is ringing.

> pick up the two short rings which is what the phone company sends.
>
> Where is the incoming request logged to so I can see what the ring pattern
> looks like?  I looked in ~/log and don't see any distinctive ring info
> anywhere.

You might see something in /var/messages if you have server tracing set to
some high value, but I recommend just checking the serial port with minicom.

George