Re: [hylafax-users] distinctive ring?

I have also found minicom to be the best way to find
the actual ring pattern.  It is also useful to try the
command that you think will set distinctive ring and
watch for the OK.  It seems there are a lot of
variations there.

A manual specific to your modem may be useful, as
well.  You may also want to report your specific model
in a future post.  Someone may know the proper
configuration.  Some modems are particular problems,
in which case someone on list would likely let you
know.

If you are sure you have the command and the string
correct, try enclosing the RING2 in quotes:
FaxRing:      "RING2"
I did that, and although it does not seem that it
should be required, I think it did correct a problem.
It is worth noting that if the actual string contains
one or more spaces, the quotes should be required.

My 2 cents, today at half price.

John Lewis