Re: [hylafax-users] expected signal not received

On 2004.08.06 17:20 Stephen Carville wrote:

The deal was I had to show hylafax could do the job with what was on
hand.  If
I can prove it, then teh boss will probably spring for the commercial
version
which has drivers for the Brooktrout cards I already have.  At the
very least
he'll buy a Multitech card.

Are the BrookTrout cards analog or digital? If they are analog explain to me what the is the perceived difference between running an analog BrookTrout or an analog MultiTech.

> What error message did the sender see?

Dunno. I'll ask client services Monday for more details.

Oh, I thought you were saying that the sender was telling you that they had an error message and this is why you were looking into it.

SessionTrackingI know about but where is TracingMask set?

It's an undocumented config option for at least the modem config file. But if you don't know about it, then don't worry about it because you've got it set right for HDLC tracings. Just set SessionTracing to 0xFFF.

That's what I figure.  The sender disconnects and the modem gets
confued

It almost looks intentional, like the sender intentionally did not send a PPS signal. It calls, delivers, and hangs up. Some senders will do that, but usually they're spam faxers, trying to save toll-time.

> Is this error frequent?

About one out of every 20 faxes.

Are you behind a PBX?

Lee.