Re: [hylafax-users] Iternet-Fax WG Anyone?

* Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [040804 14:08]:
> On 2004.08.04 10:50 Matt wrote:
>
> > Now, call me thicko if you will, but what is, in practicallity, the
> >difference between either sending someone an email with pdf attached,
> >or
> >using mail to fax, compared to this method?
>
> Nobody said that the recipient accepted or wanted the image via
> e-mail.  I don't pretend to understand the many reasons why someone may
> wish to communicate via fax rather than e-mail, but there are reasons,
> and among them are the ease of delivery of copies of
> hand-edited/signed/written documents.

Another reason is that fax is acceptable as a legal document (because
there are laws governing the use and misuse of fax).  Unfortunately,
even though email can be more secure and verifiable than fax, most
people aren't using any digital cryptography, and there are no laws
regulating email use and abuse.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103