From: Lee Howard [mailto:faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 12:30 PM
To: Roper, Brent
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Error parsing "+FTM"

On 2004.07.28 09:52 "Roper, Brent" wrote:
> I have download 4.2.0rc2 from CVS and have compiled on a Suse 9.0 box.
>  The
> modems are USR sporsters and running in Class1.
>

> I am getting Error parsing "+FTM" query response: "OK" and then
> /dev/ttyS7
> can not initialize modem.  Then the modem will not answer without
> killing
> the faxgetty process after that

The modem is not supposed to respond with just "OK" after the AT+FTM=?
command.  Are you saying that sometimes it does and sometimes it
doesn't?  If so, are you able to discern under what circumstances it
does and under what circumstances it doesn't?  You should set
ServerTracing to 0xFFF in the modem config file and share any relevant
portions of the log (/var/log/messages) file.

> I found bug 378 online but that seems to be old one and I can not
> determine
> if the patch is already corrected in 4.2.0rc2.

The current patches on bug 370 are already incorporated into 4.2.0rc2.

Lee.