Re: [hylafax-users] Error parsing "+FTM"

On 2004.07.28 09:52 "Roper, Brent" wrote:
I have download 4.2.0rc2 from CVS and have compiled on a Suse 9.0 box.
 The
modems are USR sporsters and running in Class1.

I am getting Error parsing "+FTM" query response: "OK" and then
/dev/ttyS7
can not initialize modem.  Then the modem will not answer without
killing
the faxgetty process after that

The modem is not supposed to respond with just "OK" after the AT+FTM=? command. Are you saying that sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't? If so, are you able to discern under what circumstances it does and under what circumstances it doesn't? You should set ServerTracing to 0xFFF in the modem config file and share any relevant portions of the log (/var/log/messages) file.

I found bug 378 online but that seems to be old one and I can not
determine
if the patch is already corrected in 4.2.0rc2.

The current patches on bug 370 are already incorporated into 4.2.0rc2.

Lee.