Re: [hylafax-users] Unable to view received faxes (Windows Client)

Lee,

THANK YOU very much for your help.

In my defense, I did somewhat gloss over the troubleshooting section.  I
was scanning for the words "viewing" or "garbage" or
"corrupted"...something like that.  I now see that libtiff 3.6.1 does
not work.  At the time I was looking for answers, I had no idea that
libtiff was even a possible issue, so I just passed over it.

So I went to www.libtiff.org, downloaded the 3.6.1 version, and tried
patching it.  It rejected the whole thing.  I'm not sure why so I
manually made the couple of changes that were in the patch, recompiled
and installed.  I still couldn't view faxes.  So I went to Debian's
website, downloaded and installed libtiff 3.5.5 and it works great.

I do have one other question regarding viewing faxes on a Windows client
using the ftp link that's in the "Facsimile Received" notification
message.  I'm currently attaching the file to the message, but if I try
to click the ftp link, I get a "page not found" error.  If I ftp to the
recvq directory, it seems Internet Explorer is treating the Linux file
permissions, size, date, etc as part of the file name which is why it
can't find "-rw------- 1 104    16053385061 14:12 fax00005.tif" as a
valid file name.  Any "one liner" fixes for this issue?

Thanks again for your help.

Marty Westra
Network Administrator
Electronic Systems, Inc.