Re: [hylafax-users] Only every 2nd fax succeeds with Class1.

On 2004.06.09 22:47 Bruce Whittaker wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking at converting my faxing so that I use Class1 instead of
Class2
and I'm having a little issue where every second fax fails - returning
"No local dialtone" message. The next attempt works.

I'm using 4.1.6-rc3 under AIX 4.3.3 and I've generated a new config
file
by executing faxaddmodem and electing a Class1 config. An error arose
whilst configuring the modem - but it still appeared to give me a
vanilla
configuration which should have worked. In case it is of some use,
I've
attached my resultant config file, a successful transmission log as
well
as the following failure log ( in case the failure is due to the
previous
transmission not closing off properly).

Any ideas ??

You seem to be indicating that the modem is wrong, that there is dialtone when it's reporting that there is not. Are you certain the modem is wrong?

Are these lines coming from a PBX?

Lee.