Re: [hylafax-users] * Hylafax 4.1.8 - Regular Expression Problems *

On 2004.06.09 22:15 "Burath, Philipp" wrote:

But on the ES 3.0 system we have:
ModemGroup:             "outnow:ttyUSB[0-5]"

HylaFAX scheduler on roadrunner.ext.maynegroup.com:
Running Modem ttyUSB1 (Outgoing1): Running and idle
Modem ttyUSB2 (Outgoing2): Running and idle
Modem ttyUSB3 (Outgoing3): Running and idle
Modem ttyUSB4 (Outgoing4): Running and idle
Modem ttyUSB5 (Outgoing5): Waiting for modem to come ready
Modem ttyUSB0 (Outgoing0): Running and idle
Modem ttyUSB6 (Incoming0): Running and idle
Modem ttyUSB7 (Incoming1): Running and idle
Modem ttyUSB8 (Incoming2): Running and idle
Modem ttyUSB9 (Incoming3): Running and idle
Modem ttyUSB10 (Incoming4): Running and idle
Modem ttyUSB11 (Incoming5): Running and idle
Modem ttyUSB12 (Incoming6): Running and idle

I think that there could be a lot of argument on what the best way is to have a set of receive-only modems and a set of send-only modems on a server. There are certainly a few different, reliable ways that it could be done.

Admittedly, using ModemGroup is really exotic and impressive. But it's like using a Lamborghini as a sedan. As I look at it, if a modem is configured to be "receive-only" then this configuration belongs in the modem configuration file, and not particularly in the server configuration. Thus, when I have receive-only modems on a server I mark them as such with "ModemReadyState: D" in the modem configuration file. I use ModemGroup when I have different sets of sending modems, and that doesn't happen very often, usually only when I'm trying to do least-cost routing.

So if you're having trouble with ModemGroup (sounds like you got it functional, though) I invite you to use ModemReadyState.

Lee.