[hylafax-users] Brooktrout or Eicon

Hi all,

We currently use the Eicon Diva Server 24 port ISDN/T1 card and it is
working well with hylafax and inbound DID-based routing.  One thing I do
not like is the need to recompile the kernel driver everytime a new
errata kernel comes along (security fixes, etc).  We only have one card
and the downtime the kernel compilation and testing creates (not having
another card to run on while this one is down) is prohibitive at worst
and annoying at best.

I noticed that Brooktrout comes well recommended.  What is the kernel
driver situation with their new boards?  Does one have to recompile the
driver for the board each time the kernel is upgraded as well?

Who is the maintainer of the driver; Brooktrout, ifax?

How is Brooktrout's pricing as compared to Eicon's?  As I recall the
Eicon card runs US$4,000 to US$6,000.  Am I off on that?

In general what is recommended as the better solution; eicon or
brooktrout for enterprise-class faxing with hylafax?

Best Regards,

Paul Eden
American Physicians, Inc.