Re: [hylafax-users] Question on modem groups

* Nicholas Bernstein <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [030918 15:30]:

Try sendfax -h qualifax@localhost

> So here are a couple of questions:
>
> I did a search on the hylafax site for passwords, and the only thing
> that came up was setting the password on a class 2 modem. I'm being
> prompted for a password when I specify the hostname. How do I disable
> this?

HylaFAX has user/password support.  It comes by default allowing any
user from loalhost.

man hosts.hfaxd

> Is my syntax wrong?
>
> according to the sendfax manpage:
>
> 	-h [modem@]host[:port]
>                    Force  the  jobs to be processed on a specific
>                    host  and,  optionally,  using  a   particular
>                    modem.  The host may be either a symbolic name
>                    or a network address.  If no -h option is sup-
>                    plied,  sendfax uses the FAXSERVER environment
>                    variable to identify  the  HylaFAX  server  to
>                    which  the  jobs  should  be  directed.  If no
>                    server is specified then sendfax  attempts  to
>                    contact  a  server  on  the local host.  If no
>                    modem is specified, the job will be  submitted
>                    to any available modem.
>
> 	[nick@fax etc]$ echo $FAXSERVER
>
> Do I need to set this to localhost? it says that if none is specified,
> that is what it will default to...

If you set it to localhost, it won't have any difference if you specify
-h. The -h overrides any default server.

aidan@xxxxxxxxxxx                                       command like a king,