Re: [hylafax-users] Question on modem groups

Am Donnerstag, 18. September 2003 00:11 schrieb Nicholas Bernstein:
> Could someone point me to some documentation on the ModemGroup setting
> in the /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config file? I am interested in having two
> groups of modems, one of which performs slightly differently from the
> other group, and I'm guessing that this is what I need to look at in
> order to get that done.
>
> TIA,
> Nick

hylafax-config says:

ModemGroup
Define a logical name for a set of modem devices. This parameter can be used
to define a name that clients can use to refer to a collection of modems. The
<regex> is a regular expression that faxq(8C) matches against known modems.
Thus for example, the default modem to use for a job, any, is defined as
``any:.*''. This parameter may be specified multiple times to define multiple
modem classes. Modem classes may overlap. The actual set of modems in a modem
class that are considered for use may vary based on which modems are believed
to be ready for use.

e.g.:

If you want one of three modems for inbound use only
add a line

ModemGroup: "any: ttyS[1,2]"

in your config-file

and ttyS3 will never be used for sending except when you use
-h in sendfax

HIH

-m
--
HAGOS eG                 phone: +49 711 7880592
Matthias Reich             fax: +49 711 7880535